We have a variety of clubs and extra-curricular activities available at AMS. Check them out!
- Artalympics is a competition held in the piedmont of NC for students in grades 6-9. Students will meet weekly to work on a variety of art projects that will culminate in a competition in March 2014. Artalympics Club is open to all students even if they are not currently enrolled in art. For more information, please see Miss Smith.
- Band After Hours
- Pep Band, Jazz Band, Bucket Drums, and after school band tutorials. Due to the difficulty of the music and level of musicianship required, consent must be given by the instructor. See Ms. Alvarez
- Battle of the Books
- Battle of the Books is a competition between students in 6th-8th grade from schools across Stanly County. Each team is composed of ive to seven members who take turns competing against students from other schools. The students are asked questions from the books on the state Battle of the Books list. There are two rounds. For more informatin, see Mrs. Saunders.
- Future Business Leaders of America is a national Career & Technical Service Organization for students enrolled in business, finance, and information technology courses. It gives students a chance to network and compete with students from all over the state in the middle level, and helps build leadership skills for whatever the future holds. For more information, see Mrs. Simmons.
- Honor Society
- This club will begin in January. It is a running club and students will have option of running in the county Mini-Medley.
- Student Council
- Student council is comprised of students in grade 6-8. The focus of Student Council is student involvement, leadership, community service, and volunteer experience. For more information, contact Mrs. Walker.